Motivation to create the Forest Data Bank
So far, no unified system for collecting, processing and sharing information on forests of all ownership categories.
- State Forests, that manage 30% area of the country, have their own information system.
- No systematic data collection for other ownership categories.
- (13a) – obliged the State Forests to create data bank on forests of all ownership categories
- (21a) – conferred the execution of the task to BULiGL
Growing need to provide the state administration with information on the condition of forests and their growth forecast.
The objectives of the Forest Data Bank
- Data collection
- Systematic data updating
- Data processing and interpretation
- Distribution and sharing of information on forests
- Support of research
- Promotion of standards for collection and processing of data on forest and natural resources